Under the GDPR, Data Subjects have certain rights that they can exercise, these rights include:
- Obtaining confirmation from a Data Controller as to whether their Personal Data is being processed, where and by whom it is being processed, and for what purpose it is being processed;
- Request an electronic copy of their Personal Data that is being or has been processed;
- Have the Data Controller correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- In certain circumstances, have the Data Controller erase their Personal Data and cease further dissemination/use of the data (also referred to as the “right to be forgotten”); and/or
- Have the data controller provide the information to a third party (the “right of portability”).